Monday 15 August 2016

My removal, act of God, says ex-JAMB registrar




Ibadan—THE immediate past Registrar/Chief
Executive Officer, Joint Admissions and
Matriculation Board (JAMB), Professor, Dibu
Ojerinde, has said his removal was not
occasioned by rumoured disagreement he
had with the Minister of Education, Mallam
Adamu Adamu.
He said contrary to reports that he had
misunderstanding with the minister, there
was no such thing, adding that he had
prepared his mind for the removal several
months before it was finally announced.
He appreciated President Muhammadu
Buhari and the minister for giving him the
opportunity to stay in office till the time he
was removed.
The professor of Test and Measurement and
pioneer Registrar/CEO of the National
Examination Council (NECO) said this during
a thanksgiving service at the First Baptist
Church, Igboho, Oyo State.
He said he was grateful to all Nigerians,
especially former Presidents Olusegun
Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan as well as
President Buhari, for believing in him and
giving the opportunities to serve his country.
“I have always believed in God’s timing. I
had prepared my mind that anything could
happen and this development did not meet
me unexpectedly. Even when I met with the
minister, he said he would have loved that I
finished my term, I told him that it was
God’s time and that God’s time is always
the best.''
''I am grateful to him and to President
Buhari as well as his predecessors in office,
Chief Obasanjo and Dr Jonathan. In fact, I
am grateful to all Nigerians for giving me
the platforms to serve my country in the last
25 years.”
Before his appointment as JAMB boss, he
was first appointed as the Director of
Monitoring, National Primary Education
Commission in 1990, and had since served in
several capacities in the education sector
including the National Board for Education
Measurement, Minna, which later became
NECO.

No comments:

Post a Comment